User-generated content (UGC) is the worst-kept secret of the marketing world. A lot of people know about it and about how important it is but not everyone does it.
Podcast: Play in new window | Subscribe to Channel Subscribe: Spotify | YouTube | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | iHeart | Amazon Music
We have some key takeaways including:
- The cost of UGC is one of the major benefits of using UGC. While working with more mainstream content creators, you can actually get content created fairly cost-effective if you do it right.
- Some of the best ways to utilize UGC are throughout each stage of the buying process or sales funnel. Having different messages specific to each stage can help move customers down the funnel.
- Make sure to align your content creators to your brand - choose selectively and ensure your instructions and brand guidelines are clear so that the content is putting your brand’s best foot forward.
- Having multiple videos to the scale and being able to a/b test different creatives is helpful to iterate your marketing tactics using UGCs.
- Running contests can be a great way to generate user-generated content and collect content from your number-one fans.
If you haven’t done UGC, shoot us a message! We can help you get started and unlock those higher conversion rates you may be looking for.
As always, make sure to subscribe on your favourite channel and sign up for the newsletter to get demand gen tips and tricks delivered right to your inbox!