It's easy to say that conducting an audit on your marketing should be done all the time, but in reality, it's not feasible. That's why it's important to select the right timing! There are a lot of factors to consider, but some main times include:
Here are some key takeaways:
- When there's a misalignment of your KPIs and metrics - when KPIs are not translating into business metrics - no sales, low-quality leads, etc - look to see what could be causing these things.
- An audit during seasonal or market shifts - audit what you are doing to prepare for what could be coming in the market or if there’s a shift in seasonality that you need to make adjustments for.
- When there are significant changes in your business metrics - are your sales down by a decent percentage? This could be a flag to audit your account to see what could be causing it.
- Depending on how quickly you’re generating significant amounts of data to have enough to make statistically significant decisions from.
- Have a consistent audit partner to work with to get a fresh perspective on what your business is doing and how you can improve.
In addition to these times, selecting a regular rhythm, whether that's every month or every other month, is crucial to ensuring your business is on the right track.
As always, make sure to subscribe on your favourite channel and sign up for the newsletter to get demand gen tips and tricks delivered right to your inbox!